To join us all you need to do is purchase a voucher either;
– In person at The Super Store, Peebles
– In person at The Hub on the High Street, Innerleithen
You will then exchange this for your torch between 12noon and 6pm at the Changeworks, Old Corn Exchange, High Street, Peebles, EH45 8AN on 31st December prior to the procession assembling at 6.00pm ready for a 6.30pm departure.
We look forward to celebrating Hogmanay with you in 2019!
How does it work?
- Buy a voucher for your torch via one of the options above
- Swap your voucher for a torch on the day between 12noon and 6pm
- Assemble for the procession from 6.00pm
- Torches will be lit, and the procession will head off soon after from the High Street – at approx. 6:30pm
- Complete the procession, then head off for your own celebrations!
- Read the full safety instructions here
How do I get my torch?
Print your email confirmation/voucher and take it to the torch pick up point; the Changeworks, Old Corn Exchange, High Street, Peebles, EH45 8AN between 12noon and 6pm on the afternoon of the event, where you’ll swap it for your torch/es.
Can my seven year old carry a torch?
We recommend only children 8 or over carry torches. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Can my 12 year old buy a torch?
Only people 16 years old or over can buy torches, but it’s fine for children 8 or over to carry them. Adults can buy torches for children to carry but remain responsible for those children throughout the event.
Do we need to buy one torch each to take part?
No, it’s fine to share a torch between you, but we’d ask no more than three people to a torch!
Can people join in as the procession goes along?
We ask that spectators don’t join in along the way. People who wish to take part should buy a torch voucher for themselves!
Is it a long walk?
No it’s a short walk of around a mile through Peebles. It is dark though, and follows paths, roads and pavements..
How can I get involved?
A community event like this needs lots of helpers. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping out! We need you.